SEAPAX Grant Guidelines
SEAPAX Grants Guidelines
The Seattle Area Peace Corps Association (SEAPAX) offers small grants to community-based projects both in Washington State and countries around the world.
Funding will be considered for projects (a) in the country where PCVs and RPCV’s have served; (b) in other countries; or (c) in the state of Washington. Each grant request must be sponsored by either:
- An active current member of SEAPAX, or
- A current PCV who is from or returning to the state of Washington, who has been at his/her site for more than 6 months, and is no less than six months from Close of Service.
Grants of up to approximately $500 USD per project may be allocated, with consideration of the total grant budget and the specifics of a request, including:
- community need
- community involvement
Other considerations for approval include the following:
- Community contribution must be at last 25% of the total budget.
- Preference is given to projects not previously funded by SEAPAX.
- Preference is given to projects that have secured co-funding (e.g. Peace Corps Small Project Assistance grant, Peace Corps Partnership Program, local Washington funders, local residents and businesses, family and friends, etc).
- Urgent needs related to emergency relief are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Balance between domestic and international projects will be sought.
- The sponsoring SEAPAX member or current PCV should submit a brief Letter of Inquiry (LOI) using the SEAPAX LOI form. E-mail the completed LOI to email@example.com
- The SEAPAX grants committee will review LOIs as they are received and will respond to all submitted applications. We will endeavor to respond within 30 business days.
- Applicants whose LOI is approved will be invited to submit a complete grant proposal. The proposal forms will be sent to you at this time.