Volunteer Activities in Focus
King County Community Forums Seek Citizen Councilors
People who live or work in King County are invited to become Citizen Councilors to advise the King County Council on public policy matters. Councilors will be asked to facilitate small community forums 3 or 4 times a year in their own neighborhood or workplace. For more information, please visit the website of the Citizen Councilor network.
Volunteer Drivers Needed for Seniors
Do you have a car and some spare time on weekdays? Senior Services needs drivers to take senior citizens to and from medical appointments in King County. Drivers are reimbursed for gas and parking fees. For information, contact Cindy Zwart or phone (206) 448-5740.
Seattle Area Volunteer Opportunities
- InterConnection Virtual Volunteer Program - Help a developing community without leaving your home! As a Virtual Volunteer, you will use your web skills to provide an NGO with a presence on the Internet, helping them to fulfill their missions.
- United Way of King County - Thousands of volunteer programs in the database, for health, human service, arts, schools, environmental organizations around the County.
Washington Volunteer Opportunities
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Match - National and International volunteer opportunities.
- Global Volunteers - Returned Peace Corps Volunteers may be interested in short term volunteer opportunities in 20 countries and a variety of projects.
- Relief Web - ReliefWeb is the global hub for time-critical humanitarian information on Complex Emergencies and Natural Disasters
- Idealist.org, Action Without Borders - A portal for everyone interested in nonprofit organizations and issues, nonprofit careers, volunteering, events, and resources.
Speakers can be found by using the PeaceMatch website.
Through the Peace Match Web site, NPCA links returned Peace Corps volunteers (RPCVs) together with teachers to bring the Peace Corps cross-cultural experience to students throughout the United States.